WSS, I missed your post, I just clicked on the link and the one Eddie responded with. What strikes me is the top ten dubstep tunes has over 3 million views. Obviously dubstep is a big deal. Cut the Cake only got 22 thousand but the live concert version of Pick Up The Pieces has 1.6 million, not bad.

As to AWB, I don't know if I'm the only one but I'm certainly one of the guys that introduced Pick Up The Pieces to the LA cover band scene back in 1987. I was in a pretty hot R&B horn band at the Lighthouse and mentioned that tune to the lead sax player as something I would love the band to do and he made a deal with me, if I would write out the basic lead chart he would rehearse the other two horns so I did. We started doing it and it sounded great. There were 3 other horn bands rotating through the Lighthouse at that time and within a month the others started doing that tune too and when I went out to the valley to a couple other places to check out the acts I started hearing it there too. Prior to us doing it at the Lighthouse, I didn't see anyone doing it.

Now that song is such a classic, I've heard many different versions of it on the jazz stations around here. The most interesting one is a string quartet. I didn't catch who it was but it was amazing, they actually pulled it off. A funky string quartet, pretty cool.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.