Quote:

I guess I'm in the bluegrass camp. Listening to someone play along to backing tracks brings the yawns from me. I don't even like if they use pre-recorded percussion/pad tracks. That is unless the music is designed to be that way - ala the dubstep I pointed out earlier.

But if it's supposed to be a band, I want to see and hear a band. I mentioned that I like some rap, if the lyrics are not misogynistic - the rap bands I like the most use live drummers and instrumentalists. If that shocks some of you that there are rappers that use live bands - it is true.

I would in no way accept watching a bluegrass 'player' with backing tracks going on - it violates the whole of bluegrass being a country store porch get together kind of a vibe.

-Scott

Scott,
That attitude may be typical but not always the rule. It all depends on geography and Venue.I admittedly have a difficult time with that were I live because a lot of people are self proclaimed music experts & critics.Then there are the people that just want to have fun. I auditioned for the Local C of C here for there dinner and they LOVE what I play. They LOVE the songs and me. They don't care how it's done. My friend plays the VFWs,Legions etc and makes more then the Bands. Why? Because he plays the SONGS THEY want to here not the ones the band wants to play.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php