Quote:

I just came back from talking to the HEAD bartender who'll be working with the owner tonight. I explained the situation and apologized if I somehow made some error of etiquette by not tipping the night bartender.The head said she'd talk it over with the owner and see what can be done.

Now that is a good idea - dang you still got it.

I do know some bars share tips, but it is generally pre-agreed and percentages set. But here is what I have seen and done and it works well...

John, you have the mic. The Bar patrons are listening to you. So put a plug out there for the "...hot, artsy young thing mixin and servin your drinks", ".. if you like the music, tips are appreciated to the struggling musicians (and their pets), and if you like your drink or how well it is delivered to you, let the bartender and staff know with a tip, remember while you are out drinkin and listen to music, they are working hard to be sure you have a good safe time, You will feel better and so will they". Then launch into a home spun version of "love the one your with... "