Quote:

well, honestly, I don't know! I know there is a computer involved and Windows 7 and recently BIAB! And I know whatever sound card I have plays music from games real nice. Beyond that I know nothing and suspect I have the most basic of MIDI capabilities.

Ok, so now we're on to part two of your Biab education. The sound quality. First and foremost, Biab has no midi sounds, period. Not talking about Real Tracks here. Biab is a stand alone program that generates midi commands, not sound. Remember that, NOT SOUND. It seems like Biab is generating sound but it's not, it's generating midi commands. Where those midi commands go is entirely up to you. Right now you're telling Biab to use the most basic, worst sounding synth in the world, the Microsoft Wavetable. It's only used to generate the beeps, bloops, and other weird Windows sounds you hear when you do certain Windows functions or games.

PG gives away two basic synths, the Roland VSC and the Coyote Wavetable. The VSC doesn't work on 64 bit systems so they made a deal with Coyote to modify the basic Windows Wavetable to work with Biab. Neither sounds that great but the Wavetable is definitely the worst of the two, they at least give a new customer something to play if they don't have better synths already.

You need a real synth, John. This topic is probably the single most talked about thing on this forum. Do a search using words like "best synth" "Biab sounds" etc. No need for us to list all that yet again in this thread.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.