OK,

Do you have a folder with demo songs?

If so you need to go into the Opts, Prefs, and then Midi and select the Coyote Forte Dxi. I'm sure they have a read me file in there, that would be a good place to start.

Midi is a language, and it tells each note what the note is, how long, and other stuff.

So instead of having a RealTrack you get a sort of retro thing.

Now consider this: Most Movies and their soundtracks use Midi a LOT.

So what I would do is get a track, ie Melody in one of the folders, and then listen to it with the midi. You can switch the actual notes to be patch 25 (Nylon Guitar) or drop down and find a cello. Or fiddle. Muck about. Mute everything else and listen to it. This will give you a good idea of where things are, and what might work.

Midi includes everything. Drums, Bass, etc. It gives you total control, unlike Realtracks which are made by the musican and Doc Gannon and his pals. So you can sort of get to the guts of things.

I don't know Amplitude from yer hole in yer wall. Yet midi has been around from the get go, and I have 3 midi modules, a Ketron I got from PG music was the last piece of hardware I got. I can take my cheesy Yamaha keyboard make years ago, and plug the cable from it to the Ketron and then to the mixer and get some great sounds. You too can do this, midi modules are all over.

Good luck.

I think you must have some simple folder of songs you got with Band in a Box. Look for them. Some are classical. At one time you got Scottish, English, Irish, and American Folk songs with the purchase.

Give it a whirl as they say.

John Conley
Musica est vita