I'm on Amazon, but only because it is a requirement (or at least, it was) for having my music played on Pandora. With Amazon's annual fees, low artist cut, and the fact they won't stockpile inventory so you have to ship every single order, I rarely make anything from Amazon and I discourage people from buying my CD there.

CD Baby has been fabulous. Their accounting is excellent and they place my CD in the new places where artists are paid. There was a one-time setup fee, they do stockpile so I save on shipping, and the artist cut is fair.

You do have to register with BMI or ASCAP to get royalties from airplay, and with Sound Exchange to get royalties from Internet/Satellite TV play.

Regarding Rharv's comment about finding his CD in many places, I am always amazed where mine turns up. Some of the places are even legal. After playing Whack-a-Mole with the major copyright-violating download sites, I have it under control for the moment.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors