Bob, that other thread was a little different. And in fact there were 2 threads.

When I finish a recording song and mixing it to where it is good in my ears in RB, I then export all tracks to wav. Then if I import those wav files into Sonar, the levels in Sonar, withough touching the volume on my interface that is feeding my powered monitors, is so low I can barely hear it. That was where someone suggected immediately making an adjustment in Sonar before even hitting the transport.

The other issue is still in RB. If I have a song set up, let's say on 10 tracks, and I decide "I want to add a rhythm piano part", I select the 11th track, click the menu option to generate a Real Track, find my instrument, listen to the audition of it, like that particular part, and hit "ok, generate for me", when that track is done generating it is sometimes SO SOFT that I need to boost it 8-10db just so it matches up to the existing tracks. Ar ethey supposed to generate at a level where they fit the existing tracks? Do I have control over how hot a new track is generated? Someone once said it is based on where the master volume slider is. I never work with the master volume slider completely to the right. It is usually at what would be about 80%. I do that to leave some headroom. When I just start to see some red clipping, that's where I stop. Just like mixing a band. Turn the gain stage until you start to see it go into the red with the channel volume off, THEN use the volume faders to blend the band.

And be ready to pounce on anybody who dares change their stage level and goes red on me.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.