Thanks Mario you understand exactly what I am trying to say

Bob, I do not think you understand at all what I am trying to say. I see from your dropdown that you have simple instruments for BIAB so for you a 32 bit version will be ok forever. So by example

1. I would like to use my own sound sources for playing BIAB. PGMusic has thoughtfully given me VST interment and VST effect slots.

2. Lets say I want to use Trilian for my bass - I load the all round bass upright patch - it is 2.3 GB and memory resident. Then for piano I think of Kontakt 5 and say Alicia keys piano - thats another 500meg - the patch is larger but Kontakt is good at disk streaming. What about an Omnisphere guitar? Hang on a minute what is this message? I am running out of memory.

But I have not entered any chords for the song. I have run out of physical memory that is available to BIAB just because it is a 32 bit application. It is a "Legacy" program on my 64 bit PC with 24 GB of RAM that BIAB cannot get access to. So Yes Mario you are right I have access to many very good and memory hungry VST instruments. BIAB will not access more than 3GB of RAM

The compromise solution is to use REALTracks and REALDrums for sound quality or very small Sampler instruments or to DROP the BIAB generated song or individual parts into 64 bit Cubase and use the better sound modules there. A 64 bit version of BIAB would allow me to use my VST interments the same as in Cubase or Machine.

I started this thread by saying it would be cool if BIAB and Realtracks were 64 bit. I did not say that 32 bit BIAB does not work