Quote:

How can all of these articles be wrong? I try to only read stuff written by someone who looks and sounds like a real pro who knows what they're talking about. Example, the last article I read was linked off of the Pro Tools official forum. It went into great detail about keeping the initial tracking levels low so as to not have the tracks too hot for mixing.
Bob

Who said the articles were wrong? I said RB doesn't normalize automagically. Someone here stated if they have a mix with every track recorded at -2 and he mixes them they distort; they should! This show RB isn't normalizing anything.
Whether to record at -12 or -6 is a minor thing to worry (or argue) about. Compromise at -9 and be done with it. Different equipment, meters, etc may make more difference than defining which number is right.

What bothered me was where one poster said the sliders don't affect his final output; that concerns me. If you use Audio-Merge Audio and DXi... command, all sliders get accounted for on every version of RB I've ever owned, tested, or heard about. Back to PT6 or so when audio was introduced. I'd like to remote into that system to see how it could possibly happen. It's not how the program works. Track faders affect final merge down,plain and simple.
To be honest I know that slider does that because I have many meters that show me it does.

Open a stereo track. Open Ozone (or any other meter that shows input signal) in the final out (A1) slot of RB mixer.
Now move the track slider and check the input meter of plugin in A1 slot. It changes.
What goes through A1 is what gets written to the final merge file.

Last edited by rharv; 10/25/12 03:45 PM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome