Quote:

Quote:

About 'I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day' -- the poem by Longfellow has been set by more than one composer and not all versions are public domain. Make sure you do the old Calkin version, not the more modern one by Johnny Marks (both are lovely tunes).

I think Josie was coming from the direction of making our own versions of these songs and posting them to the showcase (since they are PD) rather than covering an existing version that is protected. But you're right, just because the SONG is PD doesn't mean that we can copy specific versions

I'm looking forward to hearing some PD Christmas song interpretations on the showcase pretty soon! (good idea, Josie! I can't wait to hear YOUR adaptations of as many Christmas songs as you can come up with))

I wasn't talking about arrangements -- I meant two totally different tunes, one of which is public domain and the other copyrighted. Both are out there on sheet music so check the composer's name.

the Insolent Lad
Enough small empty boxes thrown into a big empty box fill it full. ~Carl Sandburg