There are a couple of discussions on the forums about this so I emailed PG my questions and they were very helpful with answers (and they gave me permission to share their response).

--------------------------

Q. I am allowed to use BIAB songs with RealTracks in my music with no further compensation to anyone regardless of how I sell or distribute my music. is that correct?

A. The arrangements made by Band-in-a-Box and RealBand are yours, and your songs may be used freely as long as they don't infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others.

------

Q. I am allowed to use BIAB songs with RealTracks in my music without providing credits to anyone (PG, the artists who played the RealTracks, etc.) regardless of how I sell or distribute my music. is that correct? Am I allowed to credit PG Music/BIAB on my CD if I want to? If yes, are there any guidelines I should follow?

A. You are not required to credit PG Music or Band-in-a-Box on your CDs, but you can credit PG Music/Band-in-a-Box if you choose to. We don't have any specific guidelines for providing credits, though.

------

Q. Am I allowed to credit the artists who played the RealTracks on my CD if I want to?

A. We actually request that you do not credit any RealTracks or MIDI Soloist artists in order to maintain the artist's creative integrity.