Hmm, I was around 8 or 9, and the first instrument I actually learned was piano accordeon - don't panic, being a gentleman I no longer try to make noises on one (apologies to Furry)

But that was my sisters', then I tried to learn a bit of piano on my grandmothers piano, but my teacher wasn't really helping and I was lazy anyhow, eventually I got hooked by the local brass band and learned trombone.

Finally, when I was about 14 my mum bought me my very own trombone, a Besson Academy 403 (professional level). I still have that horn and it still sounds great, shame the slide is so ordinary

Current stable has grown a bit but the 2 horns I play most are my Bach 42A (big bore) and my custom Rath R10F (small bore).

One of the surprises of my collection though is a King trombone from about 1918 - can't be exact about the date - that was made for the US Navy, engraved U.S.N. at the factory. I even have the original case, also with U.S.N on it in what looks like it might have been gold leaf, but someone painted over it

This horn sounds amazing and I plan to use it more often, especially for the odd Dixie gig I do, but my absolute favourite is my Custom Rath - the thing almost plays itself

--=-- My credo: If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing - just ask my missus, she'll tell ya laugh --=--
You're only paranoid if you're wrong!