Quote:

Hi John,

You can do this by entering a tranpose value. You can enter that via Notation-Options dialog, or Prefs-Display.

e.g. For a capo at 3rd fret, would enter tranpose of -3.

Then a concert Bb chord will display as a G for you.
And when you enter 'G', you will see 'G' but it will play as 'Bb'

I can add those #s to the new Non-Concert transpose button, so that its more convenient, and shows text (on a sub menu) like Capo Fret 1, Capo Fret 2

Peter,

Thank you very much for the response!

Unless I misunderstood, a major problem with this approach is this setting is not song-specific rather it changes BIAB for all songs unless and until you change it back. I would rather have something that is stored with the song. For example,

Song #1 is key of C so I'd just leave capo setting to nothing
Song #2 is in the key of E but I'm playing it with capo at 4 so I can use C/G/Am/F chord forms

So when I load these songs I'd have to remember to change the setting every time and I'd have to remember what the setting should be for each because it is not stored with the song. This seems a lot more complicated than just transposing, editing and transposing again.

My suggestion is to add a capo option right beside the key dropdown. I would select my concert key, then my capo position. For song #2 above I would select key of E and capo position of 4 then I would enter C/G/Am/F chord forms but when played it would transpose to E/B/C#m/A on the fly. If I changed my capo setting the key would change accordingly and the playback would be in the new key but my chords would still display as C/G/Am/F.

I dunno, the more I think about this the more complicated it seems it would be for you to add this feature and make it intuitively obvious as to how it works. Maybe the best thing is to hit the transpose button, edit and then hit it again. Easier to understand what it is I'm doing!