Quote:

I would pay to see Pat do this with some of the more sophisticated songs from my favorite artists - like Queen, David Bowie, Steely Dan, Mark Knopfler...yada yada. (not sure how much I would pay, but I would pay : )

Quote:

maybe I'm just one of those people who is too dumb to know what's impossible, so I went and did it. Repeatedly.

Pat, not trying to get on you or anything but do you know who those groups are? You're going to use Biab to do Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody? Or Josie by Steely Dan? Not just basic rhythm tracks but all the little bits that make it sound like the record.

I'm not saying it's literally impossible, just extremely difficult and why bother? Biab has no style for those polychords in Josie and what about that intro? Or Queens piano part in Rhapsody? That's what a true DAW is for. And even then if you really want Josie that badly spend five bucks and buy a killer live minus one studio recording of it. You would spend hours and hours or days or weeks trying to create that from scratch and if you don't play all the instruments, good luck.

Biab is not designed for creating covers in the exact style of any given recording. The hooks and song specific stuff can be put into Biab tracks but you have to enter them yourself either by playing them or importing a midi track like a certain bass line. You can take a good midi file that has those parts and copy them to the appropriate track inside Biab and then freeze the track so it doesn't get wiped out as soon as you hit "generate". Biab has no ability to actually create the guitar intro to Satisfaction or any other famous hook. You can however record it yourself onto the melody or soloist track or there's other techniques I won't go into here. Basically, though it's not worth the effort.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.