My issues are more of the "how to" in BIAB. For example, last night I wanted to have a four measure (bar) ending to my song. BIAB makes it easy to add a 2 measure ending complete with fading the dynamics (velocity?) and holding the last chord. But, "how-to" add two additional measures, and change the chord pattern, to the inserted ending while maintaining the fade and hold properties eludes me! Pretend you know nothing about BAIB, then try to find instructions on making endings longer than 2 measures. I still haven't been able to find the solution to this specific problem.....

While I am not an expert in reading music, I do know, or at least I am familiar with, music terminology if you take the "computer" out of it. It is terms like "DAW", "Nudge", "event", etc. that have me searching forever.

Actually, since writing the above post, I have found that much of the terminology seems more related to the world of music software/hardware in general rather than BIAB specific. I have gotten some help in the area of terminology by reading midi glossaries on line.

However, like Jim, I would be willing to pay some extra money for a well written systematic teaching program for BIAB. The learning curve on the program would be greatly reduced for people like me!

Like, I am willing to bet, a lot of you, I work full time and play gigs on the side. After adding in family life and practice time with band mates, there just isn't a lot of time left over to be spent on the learning curve for a piece of software. Therefore, anything that considerably reduces that curve is very valuable to me.

BTW: I bought BIAB in order to create backing tracks for my live playing. I am more interested in playing live music then learning programing! All that said and done, I will admit that BIAB is "suggesting" new possibilities for this old dog!

Tony