Quote:

Quote:

He's tired of having to be the only solo and rhythm instrument in a 3 man band, so that every song starts to sound the same, and the bottom drops out when he plays a solo.

Then hire a keyboard player who can sing and play as a 4 piece.

You make my point for me. They care more about making $15 more per guy than sounding anything close to good?

1) True, that's one of many options. But adding a keyboard might allow 2 more songs before it gets redundant

2) this guy sounds VERY good, I thought I had made that clear in the original post if you even read it before replying. He could sound even better, but he can't assemble a band capable of backing him appropriately and sustainably. And this guy is well known locally to the point that he would have no trouble hand picking his band mates. Yet... he's looking at trax...

3) Making $15 more per guy becomes very important when you are supporting a family, not just pursuing career masturbation

4) You are trying to project what's important to YOU onto another artist. It is the nature of art to be presented with whatever interpretation pleases the artist, including the number of people required to make the presentation. Then its up to the audience to accept it or reject it. You can't be commercially successful no matter HOW many people are in your band if the the audience doesn't like what you present to them.

5) NO presentation pleases everybody. Every presentation, done well, please somebody. Therefore, choose the presentation method that meets the most of your personal, artistic and financial requirements. For some of us, that's backing tracks. For others, it's a full band. There isn't one "right" way to present music to an audience.