Quote:

Larry - how can I have a "note entered or recorded before Beat 1"? Except of course if I start the song at say bar 5 then there is a note in bar 4.

A "count-in" measure (Bar 0) before Bar 1 is available for pickup notes. It may contain drum hits for a tempo count-off, and if you record something else during a count-in, it goes in there too.

The first note of a tune is likely to be NOMINALLY on Beat 1 of Bar 1. But notes played a little early (before their measure properly begins) can be problematic. They belong to measure zero, because that's where they are. BiaB is smart enough to adjust for timing errors and show them in notation as you meant them to be. They then look like they're in Measure 1. The timing error is very small, so you don't hear it.

We're speculating that when starting the tune as you do, you are hearing remnants of such early notes. They occur by chance, which would explain why you see your problem only one time out of five. (The other 4 times, the note was on the beat or a tiny bit late.)

Check to see what the actual timing is for a couple notes that are causing you grief. You'd know in two seconds whether you can discard this whole idea or do something to get round it. I bet the notes are occurring at something close to 00:04:119. Change the 119 to 120, and you will probably be all fixed.

Last edited by allis; 01/01/13 03:31 PM.