Hi CJ,

Welcome to the forums

It sounds like the folder containing your BIAB instruments is not in the usual place. If this is the case, then to solve the problem it's: (a) necessary to find the folder's path; (b) double-check that it's the correct folder; (c) set the path in SampleTank.

1. Below is the path where my Band-In-A-Box folder (#2) is located (#1).

As you can see it's "C:\Program Files\IK Multmedia\Instruments".

For your installation, it may well be that the folder could be in "C:\Program Files\IK Multmedia\SampleTank 2.5\Instruments" or else where. It should be under IK Multimedia somewhere.

2. When you find the Band-In-A-Box folder, double-click on it to open it. There should the below collection of sub-folders (#1). To confirm that these are the correct folders PG Music installed, double-click on the Bass sub-folder and you should see the instrument files for the Bass sounds (#2).

3. When you find the correct Band-In-A-Box folder, copy it and its sub-folders to the ...\Instrument folder that contains the other SampleTank sounds (if it's not already there).

4. Make a note of the path for the Instrument folder.

5. Open Band In A Box.

6. Click the VSTi button to open the window for assigning softsynths

7. Select "Default Synth" (#1), click on the drop-down menu (#2) and select "SampleTank 2.x" (#3). SampleTank will probably take 10 - 20 seconds to load. If your loaded SampleTank is red, whereas mine is green, don't worry about that as it's purely cosmetic.

8. When SampleTank has loaded, select "Prefs" (#1), click on "Browse" (#2) and then navigate to the folder where the "Band-In-A-Box" folder is located (#3) and then click OK. Note: Do not accidentally select the Band-In-A-Box sub-folder; it's the folder that contains the Band-In-A-Box sub-folder that must be selected. (That's why my path stops at "Instruments".)

9. When that is done, reset the "Default Synth" to Coyote WT (or VSC/DXi if you have a 32 bit operating system) by following step #7 above but selecting "Coyote WT" for step #3 rather than "SampleTank 2.x".

10. Close the VSTi setup window.

The Hi-Q sounds should be good to go now. Let us know how it turns out.

All the best,
Noel