Quote:

One reason I can think of right away is cost to development resources on something that is really only eye candy...

IMHO - simplification, and reducing the number of clicks to perform sophisticated tasks and use case scenarios is much more than eye candy; productivity gains and ease of use help existing customers too

Quote:

I can't figure out why some people insist that the design of this product must be some kind of democratic process. It isn't.

Nobody said it was - there might just be people out there that love the company so much they want to see it flourish, and its products to become even better than they already are
; )

Quote:

Those wanting a different product are free to try their hand at writing their own
offering, aren't they?

I've always said to people "if it's so easy - go ahead and do it"...but should a person that buys and uses a TV be prevented from requesting their cable provider to make an 'ease of use' enhancement to the on-screen menu options ? Well, I would think it unreasonable of the cable company to say "if you want a different on screen menu - you're free to write your own" (actually - I'm sure that would be illegal for some reason or other, especially if you went to the trouble).

So - this is my last post on the BB/RB/RT GUI - just my $2.22 since I really was not involved in previous conversation threads.

I get it - you guys are generally happy with the existing GUI, and would like it to stay that way. Yes, I get it. Thanks for your comments ; )