Quote:

You seem to be saying BIAB is so great we should be happy and not ask for more.

Nope, that's not it at all.

I'm saying that Peter Gannon and company are the decision makers about their fine product and that I don't want to insist on them doing things in any certain way, that when they do implement designs said designs are quite often in a direction from the madding crowd, and when they do that they typically come up with the more elegant solution.

Another example is PG's note entry method. Absolutely wonderful, faster and if you want to talk user-friendliness, there it is. And I know of no other program that uses notation that has anything even close to it. Should they then make it more like the rest?

That and I tend to view this situation from the standpoint of being the crusty curmudgeon, PGMusic is Peter's baby and already a huge success. I don't think he got to this point by imitating others all that much.

Over the years I've seen so many of the famous New Features go in directions that are actually quite unique and always quite usable, once understood. When something is entirely new and different, the user has got to be prepared to learn how to use it.

--Mac