The GUI debate has been ongoing for a long time. I think we can all agree that BiaB could use some modernization. There are a few issues involved. 1 BiaB is somewhat of a utilitarian type software. Far more so that protools, reaper, sonar, logic, etc. all of these are just DAW software. All very full featured, but certainly nothing like BiaB, not even close. BIaB does what a half dozen other softwares do combined. 2. It also has a deep user base, each using it for very different things. Teaching, practice, auto generation of song bases, live performance, and a few others. Each of these require different approaches, and different tools sets. Where do you draw the line with GUI changes, and who do you listen to? So far PG chooses to leave that alone and focus on new features, and more tools, rather than a fancy new modern look.

With Reaper for instance new features are focused around either midi upgrades, and or audio processing upgrades. So face lifts are really just I eye candy issues, and the entire program is tailored towards user input. BiaB has about 20 to 30 features that Reaper does not even sniff at. I mean reaper, sonar, protools, do not have styles, chord wizards, RTs , RDs, melody generators, harmony generators, and I could go on and on. How do simplify all this with so many people using it for so many reasons.

One of the biggest gripes I heard over at the sonar forums when they did the big GUI changes for sonar X1 was that things were not where folks were used to. When MS word and Excel we're upgrade to new GUIs again they argued that " I can't find anything" I think this is PGs fear. Where do you start, and stop.

Finally I agree it could use some modernization, but really it is not at the loss of new features, and tools.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.