I have another idea, and that is that PG could sell a stand alone midi music player. This would be a cross between a DAW and their current software, in that it's only purpose would be for a Midi o phile, to use the application to look at each track and set volumes etc. and then play the saved 'shell' using the plug ins and add ons to enhance it. Thus you could have one track that is piano and add reverb, tweak the volume, and then output this to your 'midi device', midi software such as Coyote Forte, or other.

Many are aware that I eschew Midi now in favour of ReatTracks, which fill my needs just fine, however I think PG has the engine that 'can'. (Not could). So with just a few tweaks this app could be made available in the app stores for 99 Cents, or 2.99 and millions would buy???

It shouldn't be 99cents in Canuckistan, we did away with pennies this month. No more 99 cent sales. All sales rounded down, or up. It's the LAW jack. It costed 1.5cents to make a penny. That was nuts. Even after they took out the copper. In my family we called them coppers when I was a kid anyway.

So what do you think. With a minor massage could Mr. Pgmusic make a wad of easy cash with a midi playing app??

And I've always wanted to see a way to do the volumes like in Avid software for video, where the volume is a line and you can click to add a node, and then another and drag the line up or down to make volumes change. You can put in a bunch to simulate a curve even. Really cool method of changing volumes and mixing tracks. So this is right on what is called the timeline. At bar 20 add a node, volume at 50, at bar 25 click and drag it down so there is a smooth decrease, then more nodes and you can bring it back up. I really liked this way of dealing with volumes.

Back to the original idea, that I have long exposed, is to just have a player. Like the little box we got for volumes and we can pop up to add effects etc, it would allow the other stuff go either be released from memory, or sit behind the player app. And I wonder once you assemble a SET, if using a player would not be more efficient. for if you invoke that and NOT the whole enchilada, you use far less memory and resources, and just have the stuff required to start...Playing. Sounds cool to me, but I have never been involved in this type of software development.

What I did though, you can see when you join the GoodLife Clubs in Canada, you check the bank and when the 'dues' came out, you can be sure I did that. Dumb me never asked for a penny a transaction, I sold that software for a pittance in 96. And the wife went with it as a bonus. Take my wife,....please.

John Conley
Musica est vita