Hi bluzkeez1,

I can give you some info about the way I use pianoteq, maybe it will be of help.

I recently upgraded from the trial version of pianoteq to the full version as it suited the way I tend to work. Personally I love it. It does works as a plugin in BIAB. As you have BIAB 2013, you have the ability to use multiple VSTi and could use pianoteq along with other soft synth plugins.

As I have BIAB 2011 and can only use one VSTI at a time, I usually use the ARIA player when I'm doing backing tracks so I can use Garritan strings etc.

Most of my compositions are for piano students so pianoteq is ideal in that situation. I just have my keyboard, laptop and pianoteq loaded up. I can "doodle" away and it remembers everything I play, then I can save it as a MIDI file and edit it if necessary (usually!) in my notation program, load it back in to pianoteq and render it as a WAV file. I can then take the WAV file, process it in my audio program and render as an MP3 if I need.

Most of the time though I load everything up and play my Sibelius scores straight into pianoteq and render the best take straight to WAV.

It's a good idea to download the trail version, see if you like it and if it will do what you want it to do. Some of the black notes are disabled in the trial version and you have to reload after 20 minutes, but you can still get a good idea if it's what you need.

I'm sorry, I know this sounds like an advertisement, but it really has simplified the way I work these days.

All the best

yjoh

[i]Music...a joy for life.