Umm, have you seen my username and post count? There's no doubt jazz is declining and I've posted about that many times. Biab used to be criticized for being too jazz oriented and if you look at the oldest styles you can see that's true but those styles are over 20 years old now. It's telling that the very first Real Tracks and Drums were mostly jazz styles but not any more. The amount of rock, country, ethnic and other non jazz stuff is much larger now.

Times, they are a'changin to quote Dylan. Imho jazz is nearly dead, hell even on the best jazz station in the country, KJazz here in LA, traditional straight ahead jazz is declining. I haven't done a technical survey or anything but just listening off and on it seems like "real" jazz is less than 50% now. I'll bet within 5 years, it will be gone. The rest is blues and modern post bop smooth jazz. Two recent DJ's reinforce that, Davit Benoit in the mornings and Kenny G in the evenings.

And then there's that abomination of music, the Billboard Awards last night. It was pretty bad as far as live music was concerned. There were no real bands and live players except for the very end when Prince won the "Icon" award and he closed the show with his band. Prior to that, squat except for one very lame trumpet player in a rap song and one stumming country singer.

As far at this forum is concerned the vast majority of posters are different styles of guitarists, folk, rock, country etc. From what I see, there's a handful of keyboard players here.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.