A pity that some Mac users are so stubborn in putting their issues as a general users issue. I never had any real trouble with windows. I won't say it is perfect, neither I would say a Mac is (and I worked with that as well for many years). Both have their (dis)advantages and neither is better or worse in that way. It is the user in the end which makes the computer crappy or good. Well enuff said about it, since I would end up in a Mac-Windows discussion that is in fact really not my attempt.

About the support being stopped for XP I would like to say: so what? I got an old computer running even with win98SE ( a stable 48 tracks with quite some effects and dynamics processors on a 1200 Mhz system), just because my old setup just runs great with it. My XP systems also run smoothly, so there is no need to be scared for that. Just get all the important updates and that system can run for many years after, unless you like to change hardware and software all the time, buying the newest stuff...

For windows 7 I can't say a thing, but I do not put it down up forehand. That is just a matter of wait and see I guess...

I'll be back...