First, thanks Guitarhacker, jphillips, dani48, bohem, Noel, Pat, Sundance and Kemmrich for all for the kind remarks. We worked hard on this one...but I gotta brag on Janice (she's modest to a fault). Other than the scratch Janice only sang two takes for the final vocal track and there were no punch-ins. I think she's of the school that each take "takes" a little out of the original feel. As much as I love to cut and paste instrumental tracks I've never had to do it with a vocal. And Floyd nailed the harmony in quick order.

Kemmrich and Sundance: Thanks for the suggestion -- I just now opened up the mix a little with a slight pan on the harmony and the guitar and mandolin. The cello and fiddle were already panned. I'm trying to set a pretty tight sound stage with the minimalist panning and reverb to give a bit of a "live" feel. Guess it comes from my years of standing behind our bluegrass band with a bass fiddle and a board nearby. We used to play with the band gathered around one or two mikes. But now with my DAW and RealTracks I can experiment away.

Pat: Janice has 4 happily married sisters; however, you seem like a nice guy so if something with one of them doesn't work out....... smile

Last edited by Janice & Bud; 06/02/13 02:49 PM.