I think PG has created a monster because all the rest of it is so good that it just seems silly to leave off the ability to add an actual ending to a recording. At this point, I think it's obvious to PG that there are some gaping holes in the program just from a practical sense - getting a usable end product. However, you can get creative and make it happen. Here's an idea that worked for me...

Many of the slow tempo styles sport sustained chord endings. I was playing around with one of the country styles - Fast Country Ballad w ResGuit (120 RS) - (though I'm a jazz guy myself) and it has the same really abrupt ending that just sort of cuts off. I know they call it Real Band but there's nothing 'Real' about that. The last chord of the progression I typed in was a C chord. So, I started a new BB file and did 8 measures of C using the style _CBALAD1 Slow Ctry Bal w PedSteel (65 RS). The ending for it was actually a nice sustained C chord. So, I saved it and opened my first song in Real Band and pulled the wave files from the slow version into it. I went to the ending chord of the slow one and copied separately each instrument's ending and pasted them in to the last chord of the first song. Though not perfect, the result is a nice sustained ending. There's not a Res Guitar in the slow style but I just pasted the steel guitar ending over it and it works fine.

Here's a link if you care to listen.

http://www.hotfrets.com/countryExample.html

I know it's a lot of work but unless you happen to have a bass, guitar and other instruments handy to record the endings in live this is a good alternative.

The More You Learn, The Easier Is To Learn More.