Quote:

That's a great suggestion, Mac. The playing is extraordinarily good. Could be too good. And pretty high for a harmon to sound that good.

Ironic, isn't it, if the music in the show about a fictitious trumpet player is fictitious trumpet playing.

FYI, I actually don't care about the trumpet playing. I just want to learn the song in the second clip.

ps an Emmy nod should go to the sound guy for bringing in the elevator door opening sound on key and on the beat at the end of the 2nd clip

One of the reasons I'm hooked on the show is the extraordinary music direction and composition.

Naturally, the first thing you notice on watching is House's smartass rebelliousness, along with his obsession for excellence in medicine--at any cost. But after watching a couple of seasons' worth, more and more often I find myself in tears at the end of a show as some expertly-chosen song plays which recapitulates the emotion of some character or situation--often House's loneliness.

I suspect that little of the music which appears to be being played on screen is, in fact. It's acoustics which gives it away for me. It wouldn't have occurred to me to listen for what Mac is hearing, but it fits with the rest.

The music cues are subtle but so right on. No "Miami Vice" in-your-face stuff here. But watch an episode a couple of times so you don't have to pay attention to the story, and just listen to the music. Co-composers Jason Derlatka & Jon Ehrlich, who seem to always work as a pair, are way up on my list of musicians to pay attention to, at least for what I'm doing.

Ryszard

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."