Here is another attempt at Jazz, the instruments are all Band in a Box and amazingly once I had all of the part markers set this whole piece was only generated one time. I am always amazed by Band in a Box, have I said that before? Ha, Ha. The song I did yesterday Flash In The Past was done totally in Band in a Box, no outside daw, it was taken into wavelab just to cut off the drum count and fade the end. This one, because all of the different markers are created on 1 track, I had to take it into cubase le4 and use the automation function to get the instruments the same volume. I then created a Group track and I put a recital hall reverb on the entire mix drums and all. I mastered it using Izone4 using the jazz instrumental setting, I then tweaked the multiband compressor and brought the threshold down on each track until there was .1 compression, I then turned it back until there was 0. I also set the mix so that there was only a .2 deduction on the loudness maximizer. I believe I may have cut the bass down to much in the multiband compressor it I think the original Izone setting had it with a +6 gain, It seemed to much so I went down to 4.5. Let me know how the bass sounds, I was in a hurry so I set the pan settings exactly as they had been in Band in a Box. all comments appreciated.

The instruments are:
Bass 464
Piano 470
Drums Bossa Terry Clarke^6blstix, stks
the c and d part markers produced alto sax
the e and f part markers produced trumpet
the G and H part markers produced Jazz Flute LOL
The I and J part markers produced Trombone
The K and L part markers produced vibes
the M and N part markers produced Elec Jazz Guitar

Eloquent

Last edited by PgFantastic; 07/27/13 12:02 AM.

My Tunes

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.