Richard, FYI, I have the WX5, the Yamaha VL70-m, and the Patchman Turbo chip.

I used Bob's website to adjust it. I highly recommend following Bob's advice precisely. This is a unit with plenty of chances of messing the settings up if you just start fooling around with the knobs. The sensitivity is crucial, so it responds to breath but doesn't sound the note continuously.

The WX5 is tremendously versatile. I have used it frequently to play acoustic bass. On one gig, accompanying my wife (!) who plays guitar and sings, I played bass and then took a piccolo solo using a preset, then back to bass, all with the WX5.

In another show, one of my family had a lead role. My rule is, if someone in my family is cast, I offer my services as lead trumpet. They did not have enough money to pay for a string bass, so I covered that book on the WX5. In addition, I covered the lead trumpet book and the flute book (but I used an actual flute). That was one busy show!

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors