well,

after watching StreetJelly for a while to get a feel for what can go right and what can go wrong, I'm just about ready to jump.

I notice that a common problem is room echo, so I've installed acoustic foam in my studio to minimize that

I also think that when the background is somebody's kitchen, it detracts from the overall feel of a live act (for me, anyway)

also, web cams freak out if the room light is too bright or reflective...

... so I bought a long pull-down blind and painted it flat black to give me a non-reflective neutral background that neatly rolls up after the show.

I also find that my attention span lasts about 3 songs... so I plan to play several short sets of 3 in a weeks time rather than one long set less frequently. That way maybe I can ditch this black hole of preparation procrastination and get on with it.

I'd like to do a sound check tomorrow (Monday) at around noon eastern time. If somebody could keep SJ on in the background to help me set levels that would be very helpful.

Unscheduled/impromptu performances to follow at the same time throughout the week, as I get new sets of 3 songs ready.

Once I have a few impromptu performances under my belt, I'll start scheduling the time slots through SJ's interface.