I signed up for the 9:30am slot (eastern) on Saturday for an early morning show before Joanne and Pat.

I am off to radio shack today to buy a 1/8 stereo to 1/4 mono jack to plug my mp3 player into my audio device. If the conversion from stereo to mono is not too awful, I plan on doing a three song set with backing tracks after Pat is done. If the sound isn't good enough, then I will wait until I get a mixer to use backing tracks. I figure a $7 adapter is worth the risk!

The mixer I am looking at is the Peavey PV 6 USB Compact USB Mixer. With 10% off for the columbus day sale, I can get it for $90. I can plug in my mic (needs external phantom power, since the PV6 only has 15V phantom) to one input, my electric guitar cable into the 3/4 input (I have a stereo output cable from my gdec headphone out) and the RCA tape in from my mp3 player. I think that should work. As always, the reviews are from 5* to folks complaining that there is too much noise from the USB connection (and that seems to be a common complaint from usb mixer users). Nothing is ever straightforward and easy!

EDIT: of course, the 10% discount doesn't apply! It is already on-sale at $100.

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud