floyd,

I'm flabbergasted!

Since I've never used that word in a post before, I checked the Oxford English Dictionary to make sure that it was indeed the word I wanted. According to the OED, "flabbergasted" was first used in 1772 as 'fashionable slang'. It's meaning is ...

Quote:
To put (a person) in such confusion that he does not for the moment know what to do or say; to astonish utterly, to confound.

So yes, it seems that I am surely flabbergasted.

As ROG and Alyn have pointed out, everything sits so very well with this presentation. The composition is first class, the arrangement complements the composition perfectly and the mix pulls the listener along on a very satisfying musical journey. In addition, this cake is iced perfectly by an outstanding vocal.

In a recent post to Aleck Rand, I mentioned the term 'believability factor' in regard to lyrics. For me, the believability factor of these lyrics is 100%. They shine with truth.

Lastly, I have to say that there were two things that made me sit up and pay attention. The first was the chorus. It was great and I really liked the three repetitions of "If love takes time". The second was the head rhyme of together/forever. It's not often that I've heard 'beginning of line' rhyme. I have to say that it was incredibly effective in these lyrics.

Once again 'excellence' gallops out from the floyd jane studios!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024