Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
can I ask what kind of preamp? I've been thinking about getting a tube preamp to soften the digital signal on my guitar

I use a Art Tube MP Studio preamp -- it was only $29 when I got it. I am using it when I just do the one mic guitar/vocal thing.

Originally Posted By: jo131
...but is the sound coming out of both headphones in mono (so just the "stereo effect" is missing)?

If so, I have never actually checked but my setup may also be doing the same thing. I plug my mixer "out" into the 1/8 inch microphone jack on my computer, using a stereo cable. ...

I see you are using USB to connect your mixer. Is a USB port stereo?

Seems to be mono signal coming out of both the left and right in the headphones. I am not 100% sure, though. I'll have to check that out a little closer.

Sounds like you are using a mono signal, too -- but if you are it still sounds pretty good! My mono signal is degraded too much for me -- which means I am not that great of a recording engineer (ha, ha). My pro reference tracks sound quite good in mono (but again, not quite as good as in stereo).

The docs say that the PV6 is sending a stereo signal through the USB port. ... it seems that way to me also (based on the laptop). Maybe I'll try using audacity sometime today and see if audacity hears the stereo signal on my Vista machine.

Kevin

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud