Originally Posted By: Kemmrich
ha, ha -- my MP3 player is a low volume unit. I need more umpff from that unit and there is no independent volume control for the "tape in" option. I'll have to try and borrow my wife's MP3 player.

My first few attempts to play to backing have been a comedy of errors. Timing the start of the song with me in the "music ready" position is tough. I am going to have to add 5-10 seconds to the songs, so I can be ready to go when the song kicks off.

What John was talking about was making sure that the PV6 is selected for the audio.

As for level, do you have any adapters to go from RCA Male to 1/4" mono - if so, just use the 1/4" ins on channels 1 and 2 on the PV6 where you have some input gain adjustment. Too bad there isn't a tape monitor adjustment.

Playing along with tracks is kind of tricky in a live situation - in my opinion. I've only done it a couple of times, and I had to do the same thing that you suggest, except I actually modified my intros so I wouldn't need to be playing immediately. Something to think about for your future arrangements.