Not a bad idea, but I'll have to make a fake e-mail address first.

The last time I put something up on CL all I got was spam. Someone e-mailed and asked a question about my item.

Then the spam came. All from different addresses from an IP in Germany. E-mails with pictures of scantily clad attractive young females who were eager to meet me. All I had to do to get one of these luscious babes was to click the link below and enter my personal details.

While I admit I did enjoy looking at the girls I didn't like the spam with the suspected poison links (of course I never clicked them).

At least they didn't send any attachments that had to be deleted.

So I started sending e-mails to abuse at the ISPs where the spams came from, gmx.com and corp.gmx.com.

One by one they closed the spam accounts, and one by one the spammers opened new accounts at the same ISP. Eventually they must have figured out who was causing them to open new accounts every day and that spam stopped.

So when I do anything at CL, I open a dummy account and then close it when the ad expires.

Sounds easier just to erase them and drop them off at Goodwill.

I suppose I should keep a dozen or two. My hardware sample player uses them and so does my i3, although I can't remember the last time I fed a disk into the i3.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks