Many in this forum have years of experience working in live venues as well as both analog and digital recording studios. Some forum members such as myself lack either the music theory knowledge, practical recording experience or both. Thank goodness those of you with the knowledge and experience we newbies so desire to emulate are willing to mentor those of us that are just beginning. A simple thank you seems like we are not giving enough in return. I'm seriously enjoying reading and learning about mixing, the ideas of less is more and don't be afraid to really work the envelopes hard.

Why say all this now? Because Brian's "One Man Show" really showcases the great results that can be achieved by following the guidance given in this thread.

Brian, a wonderful performance of a great song. Most of the songs I want to do are covers but, I am green with envy that I didn't write "One Man Show". The song expresses my thoughts so well. Thank you for sharing the song with us.

Meanwhile, add my vote to hoping you will add your song to the showcase. Not only am I impressed by the song and performance, but the dynamics REALLY stand out from the rest.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home