(It was suggested that I re-post this question in the General section because there are more people here that might be interested in helping me).

I am thinking of buying BIAB for Mac and would like your advice. Recently retired, I'm now living out my passion as a singer. I don't play an instrument, but use an iPad to supply my song tracks. I'm a tenor and sing mostly Irish ballads, inspirational, old time sing alongs, patriotic, religious, and similar songs, all loved by seniors, my main audience. I need BIAB to help me create the tracks I need as quickly as possible. I want to put in the melody line (either import a MIDI melody line or enter the notes) put in the chords, select a style, key, tempo, etc., then either output to Garage Band or iTunes. What do you people think? Can BIAB do it for me? Is it overkill for what I need?

Up to now I have been downloading mp3 instrumental and karaoke tracks from the internet. Then I usually have to edit the song with an app called the Amazing Slow Downer for the key and speed I want. Often I have to try to edit the song in Garage Band as best as I can. This process is slow and oftentimes is not what I really want, but it's all I have.

I really want an easier, faster, and more efficient way of getting the nice sound that I need.

I thought you would have the experience to give me the straight talk and maybe even help me learn how to use BIAB I'd that's what I get.

Thank you all in advance,
JohnO

Mac User: Macbook Pro; BIAB for Mac. Singer (tenor) who uses BIAB to create background tracks moved to iPad for performing; use BOSE Model L1 tower sound system. Website: www.johnosings.com