Originally Posted By: jcspro40
Originally Posted By: Wallyg
I could order the 2013 version and when the 2014 version came out I could upgrade, but I would have to ship the 2013 BIAB on a hard drive back to them, and the shipping costs, upgrade cost, my time etc. would not be worth it.

I have never heard of this, OR had to do it in all the times I have updated BiaB!

Do you have to do this if you UPGRADE and not just UPDATE? Like if I went from the Reg to Audiophile version? Or would this apply to just the Audiophile Version & it's large files?

Surely a PGM employee can at least answer THIS question, as it seems over the top to have to incur extra expense after paying $$$ for the software in the first place...

Originally Posted By: Mac
I'm not a PGMusic employee, but I'm 100 percent certain that you will not be required to ever return the hard drive on any non-Audiophile version of BB, even if you decide to go for switching to the Audiophile version.

--Mac

When I talked to PGmusic sales I explained that I was interested in purchasing 2013 BIAB Audiophile, but was concerned that they might be coming out soon with a 2014 Audiophile. She stated w/o giving any release dates that PGM usually comes out with an updated version in December. If I purchased the 2013 version of Audiophile and wanted the 2014 version when it was released, I would HAVE to send the old drive in plus additional funds for the newer version. I used the word "Upgrade" in my orginal post and should have used "Update". Just stating what sales told me.

I have enough backing media for now with Roland's BK-7m and a DAW (Sonar X3) so I'm not chomping at the bits to get BIAB. If PGM makes major changes to the interface, the time spent learning the "old" version would be waisted.

Wally G

Yamaha Montage 6 Roland J80, D50, Integra 7, BK-7m, FR-8X, 1967 Fender Jaguar, Fender Strat, Fender 1965 Twin Reverb reissue, Selmer Trumpet, Akai EWI, Studio One 4

My WEB Site: www.gontowski.com/music