There is no doubt at all that wars have been fought against evil and the USA has more than done its part in combating evil and the tyrants of the world.

But at the same time its a crazy situation to give a 18 or a 19 year old a machine gun and send him off to war, im a lot of cases he/she probably has not the maturity to be in charge of such a weapon and untimately innocent people get killed. All nations do this so I can't think of any solution as an alternative.

As regards religion (being a practicing catholic myself) its good to ask yourself questions and not just accept in blind faith what is written in the bible or what others have told you, as others have told them.

On the other hand I have no time at all for die-hard atheists such as the high profile English Richard Dawkins, who want to push their atheist views down other peoples throats.

I have reached the stage in life that I more or less accept that there may not be an afterlife, that maybe after we die that is it. It would be great to really be sure that there is a God looking down and who will look after us after we die, but He sure as hell has a funny way of doing things when we see the terrible situation in wars and such places as the Philippines. Ah, blame it on nature and mankind not looking after his own, but in my opinion NO Concious being such as a God would idly stand by and see such suffering.

Saying that I go to church every Sunday, I enjoy going and because its the way I was brought up probably at the end a dying man will clutch at a a straw and if that straw is believing or praying to a God, no harm in doing it.

It does give a lot of people a lot of comfort to believe in God and religion and even if there is no afterlife, we will be dead and none the wiser.

When dealing with war and its terrible consequences I am not surprised at all that people bring religion into it, because being part of a war must be one of any human beings most testing experiences.

Musiclover

Last edited by musiclover; 11/13/13 04:30 PM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile