Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker

I only regret that you insisted on converting a thankful comment into a contentious discussion.

All I did was ask for those who would like to do something besides just post a word of thanks on a forum to consider doing something about the fact that Veterans who are Christian and may be in the VA hospital system being treated for life-threatening medical issues be allowed access to Chaplains who excercise that which is part and parcel of the Christian faith - prayer in the name of Jesus.

Here is a quote of my post:

Quote:

Those US citizens who would like to help Veterans might want to help us correct situations such as this one.

These are, after all, one of the freedoms we served and fought to preserve, only to find them being taken away from us at the whim of beaurocrats and not the codified law of the land.

The contention came solely from your side of this thing.

I WILL defend, and that is what seems to irk you guys.

You guys don't seem to realize or even possibly know that we veterans took an oath "to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic".

When we mustered out of service, and thus became Veterans, there was no ceremony nor any form of recension of that oath.

Therefore it still applies.

I for one will not stand silent while hateful types like you guys attempt to illegally stomp all over my God-given rights.

And God-given they are, codified in our Declaration of Independence.

Quote:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Do you have any idea how many US Armed Forces Veterans are Christians?

We. Pray. In. Jesus. Name.

And that, and only that, is what the article I posted is about.

It is a simple thing, but it eems to frighten you types into all sorts of emotional outbursts and false claims for some reason.

--Mac