Quote:
The story about these two chaplains just did not pass the smell test for me.

It didn’t pass the smell test for me either. The majority of the article comes from the viewpoint of the lawyer for the complainants and he is posturing so I take what he has to say with a grain of salt and there is no doubt a lot more to the story than what’s contained in the article.

Quote:
The VA did not return telephone calls, but they did release a statement to NBC San Diego. The VA said the two men were “bullying other classmates and refusing to honor other faith groups.”

From the goarmy site: http://www.goarmy.com/chaplain/about.html

Quote:
Army Chaplains are expected to observe the distinctive doctrines of their faith while also honoring the right of others to observe their own faith. The Army is a pluralistic environment. Rabbis, Ministers, Imams and Priests serve our Soldiers with conviction and commitment. While serving their own faith groups in the Army, chaplains also ensure and provide the means for others to observe their own faith in accordance with US law and regulations.

If I thought for one minute that the rights of religious freedom were being denied to our current and former military personnel then I’d start firing off angry emails and phone calls to my senators and congressman. The words of that attorney didn’t convince me that was happening.