One of the most wonderful things about The United States is we do not have an official religion; everyone is free to believe what they want or not believe in any religion if they choose.

And I am also delighted that the de facto standard is changing rapidly so we are approaching a time when there will be no "unofficial religion" as well. I know this is painful for those who believe their religion is the only correct one and have enjoyed being the de facto standard for quite some time.

But this is truly good for our country, a country of Muslims and Jews and Christians and Buddhists and Atheists and Agnostics and Secular Humanists and lots of others as well!

So, if these Baptist chaplains felt their purpose in VA hospitals was in any way to spread their preferred religion then it is a Very Good Thing that they were removed. I would hope the VA would do the exact same thing to Muslim chaplains who wished to promote Islam to our wounded soldiers or Jewish Chaplains who wished to promote Judaism and so on.

Last edited by JohnJohnJohn; 11/14/13 12:39 PM.