Quote:
Whenever someone, anyone, who is in a position of authority of any kind oversteps their bounds and attempts the tyranny of censorship -- which is what you guys are advocating, actually -- someone's constitutional rights are being violated.

Mac,

We commented on the article you posted. I don't know if anything in the article is true. The VA and the teacher can't really say much now that the lawsuit has been filed and I'm not going to accept a lawyers statement as fact without hearing out the other side.

I definitely don't advocate censorship, but as far as the rules on chaplains from the military, when preachers of any faith choose to be a chaplain they have to abide by the military's rules. If they can't accept those rules, they shouldn't become chaplains.

Every member of the military gives up a TON of freedoms when you join. You are agreeing to allow someone to tell you when to eat, when to sleep, when to take a shower, how to dress, how to act, how to think, what to do, when to do it, etc.

For the record, I fully support a ministers right to pray in Jesus' name. I also think that same preacher should exercise a little consideration for other peoples faith in an interfaith service or situation.

I just haven't seen anything conclusive that says they are being told not to use Jesus' name in a Christian service.

Last edited by bobcflatpicker; 11/14/13 03:39 PM.