Originally Posted By: Frankp
Originally Posted By: robvh
I'm pretty sure there is a OVERWHELMING demand. BB was created originally for a different purpose then MOST amateur musicians use it for. Me and almost all musicians I know use BB already from it's start to PRINT their fake music on paper and to TRANPOSE it for different instrument key's.

To me that makes no sense. You're the first I've heard make such a statement. Notation programs are far superior for that purpose.

MuseScore is a free notation program that excels in that.

BIAB was intended to be a "Band in a Box" not a notation program.

I use notation software all the time for new songs, arrangements, etc. I originally used MuseScore and while it was usable, and the price is right, I wanted something more powerful and less clutzy. I considered Finale and Sibelius after researching their capabilities, but stumbled onto Notion through a review by Sound On Sound magazine.

For $99, it does everything I need (how about an arrangement for a 20 piece big band) and is real easy to use.

Walt

Yamaha Montage 6 Roland J80, D50, Integra 7, BK-7m, FR-8X, 1967 Fender Jaguar, Fender Strat, Fender 1965 Twin Reverb reissue, Selmer Trumpet, Akai EWI, Studio One 4

My WEB Site: www.gontowski.com/music