Originally Posted By: NortonSupport
Originally Posted By: elkayem
I received my hard drive in the the mail today and tried to install it on my desktop. Unfortunately, my overly vigilant Norton Antivirus software labelled all the installers as Trojan viruses and deleted them off the hard drive! Some we're stuck in quarantine, and one disappeared entirely (bandinabox_realband_setup.exe). Guess I'll need to wait until tomorrow to ask PGMusic for another copy of that setup file.

Meanwhile, beware BIAB users! Disable Norton before installing, or you too may wind up with a neutered installation hard drive.

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble. That shouldn't happen! I am Vineeth and I am from the Norton Support team.

Were you able to restore all the files from the Quarantine History? It would be great if you can submit the file to us at http://www.Norton.com/fp so we can review it and white list it?

Let me know if you need any help!

Thanks!

Vineeth
Norton Support

Wow, I certainly didn't expect Symantec to respond to this post. That was quick!

I didn't mean for this to turn into a Norton bashing session. I actually like Norton (that's why I use it). It has saved my bacon a few times.

In this case, Norton wasn't shy about deleting files directly off my shiny new hard drive (yes, the new ones are shiny). Some of the files were in the quarantine, but not all. When I get my files restored, I will submit them to Symantec for review so others don't have the same problem. Maybe PGMusic already did, but if not, I will politely suggest that PGMusic should be submitting these files to the various AV software vendors prior to release.