Anyone interested in further developing lyric writing skills? If so ...

• Just over 12 months ago, I set up a web site for some local songwriting friends so that we could work through Andrea Stolpe's great little textbook called ...

• Popular Lyric Writing: 10 Steps to Effective Storytelling

• I'm looking to revisit Andrea's book if anyone would like to join me. It will take around 4 - 6 weeks. If you're interested, send me a private message with a contact email address.

Background

Andrea is one of Pat Pattison's very successful students and a lecturer at Berklee College. She took Pat's ideas on Object Writing and developed them to become a productive technique for writing lyrics. She also invented a process that she calls 'toggling' as a means of assembling song lines so that their developmental impact is maximized.

Quote:
For anyone who's done Pat's course on coursera.org, Andrea's work is a real eyeopener. When I am struggling as to where to go with lyrics, I always apply her techniques and ideas fall into place. Using Andrea's approach, 'writer's block' became a thing of the past.

The dozen of us who methodically worked our way through Andrea's book found it a great benefit. It turned out that self-paced, peer-group study worked incredibly effectively. Andrea was very supportive of the website and gave her blessing.

I'm pretty sure most people will find her approach very new, very insightful and extremely productive.

Interested?

Quote:
The book can be found on Amazon as well as The Book Depository. I prefer the latter because of its delivery policy; it's fast and free smile

link to book at The Book Depository (free delivery worldwide)

In case anyone is concerned ...

The free web site I created is highly protected from the public and from search engines. It's as private as I know how to make it and only people I manually authorize can enter. I did this to protect everyone's work.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024