Hi Friends, Has anyone any advice regarding the above problem?
In 2010 I had a brain stem stroke on Halloween....it affected mainly the middle of my body, including my diaphragm......had to learn to walk and sing again. It also affected my fine spatial positioning................I had to re-learn playing bass runs on the guitar.....changed my Les Paul for a Strat......and a Martin acoustic.
I created a series of excercises to help myself.....I was back playing in the Edinburgh International Jazz Fest 2012 & 2013......that is when the cramps became real problem!....I can play for hours at home without cramping, but with the stress of concert performance, I began to cramp up after 30 mins. I have to do "2x50 min spots.
In 2013, I changed the running order......I normally do 12 items in each spot....so I played all my 8 Banjo Solos in the first half....then sang with my backing musos. Second half I could not play much....so I adapted...more band & vocals.
My doctor says stress.......out of my "comfort zone".....which I can accept.Lacking potassium? Not sure!
I know that there are many of you guys who are a lot worse off than me!.....but has anyone been through similar? Advice from anyone will be welcome! I want to look forward to playing next year at the Jazz Fest!
Sorry for the 'long post'.....it was difficult to explain my feelings regarding musical technique....my son Scott (a pro musician) reckons I'm back to 99% of my previous abilities,......if I can get some help with the cramping, 2014 will be happier! Thanks Joe G.