Each gets to make his own choice, as to what they like to use, and why. One of the big issues is "what i use is better because.." you fill in the blanks. In rechargable power tool some like Makita, others Dewalt, still others use Milwaukee, still others Ryobi. I am a Ryobi guy. Why, the tools are initially cheaper to purchase, the batteries half the price, and they work darned well. They have three times the tool selections that work on the same batteries as the other big names. In short they get the work done fast and economically, and keep me on budget. Some of the other tool system have maybe a better drill driver, or a fancier circular saw, but they don't have this or that so i would have to have multiple platforms to get what i need to done, and that would be a pain.

Here is the same issue in DAWs. I have used Sonar, Studio one, Multitrack studios, Cubase, and Reaper. To know them all deeply is a pain, and somewhat confusing. I use RB because it gets the job done fast and economically. Let's take Reaper as an example, not to pick on it, or it's users, but just because it also is Economical.

Reaper is an amazing piece of software. the routing of tracks and busses simply unlimited. but here in lies my problem with it. You can fiddle the day away messing with all the gazillions of options, limitless keystroke options, and bindings, piles of ways to set it up to do tasks with the mouse modifiers, and more. All this is great, but none of it gets any work done in itself. and honestly it gets very confusing after a while to remember which options you setup, and where to find them, exactly what they do. And at the end of the day Reaper may have a pile of cool options/features that RB does not have, but it will never have RTs, RDs, Super Midi tracks, Regeneration capability, heck it does not even have real instruments to use, at least nothing tangible. Once i get to the point where all my instruments are mixed, generated, played, and such i am 90% done. I can't see the reason to drag it over somewhere just for a few more things, when RB will do most of that just as good, and with far less setup and time.

The simple way that RB/PWT handles most of this IMHO saves me from constantly trying to "customize" the process. Rharv /Mac, and a few others here have always maintained that you can get the work done in RB/PWT, and until you tap it out, why change.

Now if you come from another platform, and have years in it like Mario, Guitarhacker, and others great, move it on over. But if you are just settling in on a DAW use the one you have and see if it does not do the same job and maybe with a little less fiddling around and time busting. It will certainly save you money.If you are not an RB user, and just build in BiaB, and then move to your choice DAW, then i completely understand that. That was my process until about two years ago. My reason for changing was that once out of BiaB, if I open it up in Rb I could then add a couple more RTs in key places, and do so much more tweaking to the track bed, it just made sense to do this in RB, and now i have really learned it is a great DAW.

Sure it needs a couple KEY enhancements, but i think it is moving there. I do have many DAW tools in the bag if i need them, but it almost never happens anymore.

Remember these are my opinions, and not rules or condamations, arguments, or anything else. Just my reasons for what i do, as the OP asked.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.