Originally Posted By: marty c
Thanks guys. Mac, I like the idea of an ipad remote control, but what are you plugged into?

Assuming that question is for me, not Mac; it is a multi-step process:

You download an app for the iPad. There are several but after trying three I settled on V-Control Pro. It's expensive at $50, but not when compared to the price of a hardware device. There is a limited free version you can use to try all this out.

Then you download the free program for your PC. You run that program and it sets your PC into a sort of listening mode via your home WiFi.

Then you select the remote program as the driver for the Control Surface settings in your DAW. After that, the iPad can be used to do anything that the DAW can do. Rotary controls are difficult, but everything else works great.

There are pretty clear instructions for doing all this, plus an excellently supported forum in the case of Neyrinck, makers of V-Control.

In the case of my preferred program, V-Control Pro, there is also a mode by which you can control the PC remotely, so you could even load the DAW program remotely or do anything else with any other programs on the PC.

Does that help?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors